- Iron-man Mod - This mod prevents the player from simply reloading a saved game after making a mistake.
- Minor Relations / Useless Items Mod - This mod fleshes out the relationships with the minor powers (pirates, Indians, and Jesuits), which were never implemented in the original game, and gives use to the Indian and Jesuit artifacts, which were therefore useless in the original game. It also makes disguises more useful and fixes the Dutch rutter so it works correctly according to its description.
- Realistic Cannonball Speed - This mod increases the cannonballs to a realistic speed, giving a very different and more challenging combat experience.
- Reformulated Crew Happiness - This mod changes the crew happiness formulas to eliminate the exploit that allowed players to sail indefinitely without ever paying the crew. It also makes the crew take into account the length of the voyage when dividing the plunder, makes the musical instruments a bit more effective, and fixes a minor bug in the game's calculation of crew morale. This mod is balanced for the harder difficulty levels (Adventurer, Rogue, and Swashbuckler), and might make the easy difficulty levels easier.
- Slower Aging - This mod reduces the effects of aging by 25%. This is the only mod that makes the game easier, but the result is more realistic and it helps with finishing the more difficult game that results from applying the other mods.
- Tenacious Top Pirates - This mod makes the top pirates never surrender, in the same way that the main quest villains never surrender, meaning that you have to duel them aboard their ships to beat them. Unlike the main quest villains, however, top pirate ships can still be sunk.
- Miscellaneous fixes - This mod simply fixes minor grammatical errors in the game text. It is always enabled when you use the challenge pack.
Download: ChallengePack.zip (version 1.2.3)
To use it, replace your game executable (Pirates!.exe) with the one generated by the program. (You may want to make a backup first.)
Contact me if you have any trouble!As a bonus, if you don't select any mods, you'll get a clean, unencrypted executable that's suitable for creating mods and applying other people's mods. (The Steam version supports no exe mods. The retail version supports exe data mods but not code mods. This version supports both code and data mods.)